The lawn, in order to always be healthy and at its best, would require constant maintenance in gardening throughout the year.
Instead, in fact, the care of our green corner is – in the vast majority of cases – confined to the summer only.
We should concretely think about a commitment to dedicate to you for almost the whole year… however, you can intervene in time at least by starting to devote yourself to the care of the green with the arrival of spring. The turf consists of a mixture of various types of lawns which, like all plants
In nature, such as in the woods, macerating foliage constitutes the humus that makes the soil rich in nutritional principles. In our garden the cut grass is collected, the soil is therefore impoverished, losing much of the original organic substance, which represents, in gardening, the natural nourishment of the lawn.
Water and oxygen cannot reach the roots due to the compaction of the soil and this causes an impoverishment of the turf.
In this situation, the chances of the weakest areas of the lawn being occupied by weeds and moss greatly increase, which will tend to stifle the correct growth of the turf.
Gardening and lawn care: the activities to plan
To prevent the described problems it is possible to follow some precautions which, in gardening, prove to be extremely valuable and which are based on the following treatments:
Aerating (or scarifying): this operation blocks the natural tendency of the carpet to matt and compact, thus reducing the supply of air, water and nourishment to the roots. The advice is to provide it at least once a year, generally the spring period is preferable;
Overseeding : this technique consists in regenerating the turf through an adequate supply of seeds. This operation is generally carried out after the aeration as it exploits the grooves made for the execution of this operation;
Curling represents a completion of overseeding . It is carried out by covering the lawn with a soil consisting of 70% of peaty earth and the remaining 30% of silica sand. In gardening, this is a necessary operation for the care of the lawn since it allows to eliminate the holes that are naturally created in the ground;
Fertilization : this is an operation that must be carried out at least once a year with specific products designed for the development of new seeds. To combat the formation of moss, the fertilizer can also include ferrous sulphate.
Irrigation : as it is easy to understand, in gardening, these plants must absolutely not suffer from aridity, especially if young;
Correct cutting : once the grass starts to grow, it is good to cut it regularly, every 5-7 days, at a height of 4 – 5 cm.
Spring is the ideal season to take care of the lawn.
So all that remains is to give ourselves to gardening with patience, so as to make it ready to face a new year.